With ever-evolving IT tools and trends, it can be a challenge for health and fitness clubs to keep up. As the fitness sector continues to be digitized, clubs need to make sure they’re doing just that. This doesn’t only include investing in smart equipment or adopting cloud-based SaaS, but data security and backup, too.
Keeping your club data--and ultimately your member’s information--protected and backed up is a critical component of data security. Backup tools, like Backupify, can help you do that.
For fitness clubs, cloud-based backup is a powerful tool in protecting data unique to the health and fitness sector. As such, there are a number of types of data that should be backed up:
- Class schedules
- Employee financial information
- Client leads and member information
- Marketing and communications
- Gym equipment biometrics
You may be asking yourself, why would this data need to be backed up? Here are a few of the risks and threats your data faces--and why you should invest in a backup system:
- Ransomware and hackers: Cyber threats like these can compromise your company and client data, and end up encrypting your data--making it entirely inaccessible.
- Accidental deletion: If a staff or IT member accidentally deleted data, like a potential lead, it can be detrimental to your company.
- Malicious insiders: You want to protect your data from any disgruntled former employees or staff trying to compromise company data.
- Power and software outages: While SaaS applications like Microsoft 365 and Google Workspaces offer some data protection, it’s best practice to have a backup system to 100 percent ensure your data never gets lost or deleted.
Protecting your club data from risks and threats is a top benefit of having a backup vendor, like Backupify. In addition to data protection, fitness clubs can benefit in a number of ways from Backupify. Read on to find out.
Backupify is More Than Data Backup
When it comes to backing up data, Backupify does more than protecting your data from anything and everything. In fact, Backupify offers several high-impact features, paired with hidden benefits. Backupify can help elevate your data management in the following ways:
- Stronger retention policies: While SaaS platforms like Microsoft 365 and Google Workspaces have some data retention capabilities, they have their limits. Backupify offers unlimited retention and can restore data whenever you need it.
- Better control over user lifetime cycles: With so many licenses and users in transit, offboarding and onboarding employees can be time consuming, tedious and costly. Backupify allows you to easily control user lifetime cycles with granular management options.
- Ransomware protection: On average, ransomware attacks happen every 14 seconds and can be incredibly costly--not to mention damaging when data becomes deleted or encrypted. Backupify’s private cloud and robust security standards ensure your data stays protected from cyberthreats.
- Shared responsibility model protection: Even when using Microsoft 365 and Google Workspaces, your data isn’t 100 percent protected. That’s because SaaS platforms like these operate on a shared responsibility model, meaning Microsoft and Google only protect your data from risks like power outages or software interruptions. So, although these platforms have some protections and retention policies, they are not a reliable backup solution.
New Backupify Tools Fitness and Health Can Benefit From
In addition to these benefits mentioned above, Backupify also boasts new features that can take your data management to the next level. Here are the most recent additions to our arsenal of data management tools:
- PST export 2.0: As one of the top requested features from our users, we created a new PST export system for Microsoft Exchange files. Before this feature was available, Microsoft 365 users had to convert local MBOX copies using a third-party converter. With PST export 2.0, Backupify users no longer need to go through a third-party converter. This makes the upload process back to Microsoft 365 vastly easier and in the same format. Thanks to this new feature, Backupify users have better access and control of Microsoft Exchange Mail backups--and save valuable time in the process.
- Seat management 2.0: Backupify’s new seat management system allows users to have an even easier time using and implementing this new interface. Our Microsoft 365 seat management enables users to better detect and distinguish between active and archived seats. Users are able to see the current status of each seat by simply clicking “status” to reveal a list of possible actions to change the seat’s status. This also includes the new “Paused Backup” feature, which prevents new backups from happening while a seat is paused--which saves your IT team from unnecessary data management and enables you to better manage large clients with overall flexibility.
See PST export in action in the video below.
Level Up Your Data Security With Backupify
Your data is precious, and if you’re in the health and fitness industry, you understand how important it is to nurture healthy lifestyles. Implementing a reliable backup and data management system is one of the best ways you can keep your gym's data healthy, safe, and protected.
Backupify offers a plethora of benefits, from easy seat management to multiple backups per day. With Backupify, your data is available to you at any time, from anywhere. While your fitness club focuses on improving the health and fitness of members, Backupify aims to do the same for your data.
Want to upgrade to better data security? Try a free demo today.