Ransomware By The Numbers
Over the past few years, ransomware has emerged as a serious threat to small to medium sized businesses. Datto surveyed 1,100 IT service providers about ransomware and cybersecurity and published the key findings in our State Of The Channel Ransomware Report.
- 35% of respondents said they have seen ransomware in SaaS apps, including Microsoft Office 365 and Google G Suite.
- 97% said ransomware attacks on small businesses are becoming more frequent, a trend that will continue over the next two years.
- Less than 1 in 4 ransomware incidents were reported to the authorities.
- 93% reported ransomware infection despite having antivirus software in place.
- According to IDG, downtime from ransomware costs small businesses around $8,500 an hour.