Issues that cause data loss (like human error or cyber attacks) can occur at any time, and without warning. And, the native backup capabilities from Microsoft and Google, aren’t always enough to protect your most critical information.
That’s why Backupify’s customer portal gives you robust reporting capabilities into your point in time snapshots, in-depth analysis, and high-level reports to keep your data protected, and your IT team informed.
With Backupify, businesses know their enterprise data is protected and can be restored at a granular level for business continuity if needed. Read on to learn more about the reporting capabilities of Backupify.
Point-in-Time Restores (and Granular Reporting)
Our goal is that you never have to use Backupify’s reporting portal because your data is always left unharmed.
But, as a precaution, Backupify runs automatic backups on your data three times a day.
Though the point-in-time restores are a backup feature, we also provide you granular reporting options on your point in time snapshots so that if an issue does arise, you can see the state of your data instantly.
With this granular reporting, you can view and organize your data by:
- Hourly event
- Daily event
- And, by item
That way, you can easily locate data to any point before disaster strikes, and restore it to how it appeared in the past.
Technical tip: You can also use the calendar drop-down option to select a specific date, and rollback user files to a specific point-in-time.
To export data from a previous backup, click on the calendar dropdown on the left-hand side of a user summary and navigate to the date and time you’re looking for. The environment will change to show you the file structure within this specific snapshot, allowing you to restore or export files as they appeared in the past.
What Else Can You See in Backupify’s Portal?
With Backupify, you can see information about your enterprise data from the moment you log into your customer portal. For example, upon logging in you can view:
- The total number of users
- The amount of data stored
- Backup jobs in progress
- Backup dates
In addition to organizing data by date, you can also search, organize, and restore information by:
- Event type: Backups, exports, restores, or user management actions
- Status: Search for all events, successes, or failures
- Application: Choose the service type (Microsoft 365 or Google Workspace) and the application within that service
- User: Run a report on a specific user name
- Audit log: A log of all actions taken by admins within the platform - logins, searches, restores, exports, manual backups, etc.
If you want to share the status of your data for collaboration or internal discourse, you can easily download any report you pull in Backupify’s dashboard as a CSV.
Are you looking for technical help pulling reports? Learn more at:
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for Office 365: How does reporting work for Office 365?
- Backupify/Datto SaaS Protection for G Suite: How does reporting work for G Suite?
Don’t have Backupify yet? Request a demo and learn how Backupify can protect your enterprise data in the event of a disaster.