If you’ve done a Google search for “data backup and recovery,” odds are results for both Backupify and Datto SaaS Protection will appear.
And, if you click through to either company you will soon realize Backupify and Datto are very closely related. In fact, Datto is Backupify’s parent company via an acquisition in 2014.
While both companies focus on protecting business data, their services work for different audiences and are developed to solve different problems.
- Datto is the leading provider of business continuity, disaster recovery, and managed networking solutions for managed service providers.
- Backupify is a service dedicated to assisting enterprise IT departments (and their data) with reliable and effective backup and security protections for Microsoft 365 & Google Workspace specifically.
Read on to learn more about the difference between Backupify and Datto.
The Difference Between Backupify and Datto
What is Backupify?
Backupify offers cloud-based data backup and storage to businesses utilizing Google Workspace and Microsoft 365 because these two platforms only offer limited storage, data protection, and backup capabilities.
Specifically, Google and Microsoft operate on a shared responsibility model, meaning both SaaS providers and businesses must work together to protect business data:
- SaaS providers like Microsoft and Google must maintain backups at various geolocations to ensure global availability and protect against natural disasters.
- Businesses are responsible to protect data loss events – guarding against malware, hardware failures, and human error (A shocking 95% of security breaches are attributed to human error).
Backupify provides additional protection for enterprise clients spanning industries like:
- Real estate
And for specific SaaS app data for business needs like:
- Customer relationship management
- Human Resources
- Business intelligence
- Database management
- Finance and accounting
- Enterprise resource planning
While Backupify’s backup capabilities fuel the Datto SaaS Protection technology, Datto’s product suite is dedicated to MSPs and offers more than backup services.