Google recently announced a new product to make migrating your data from Office 365 to G Suite easier than ever.
G Suite Migrate, currently in beta, is designed to help admins assess and plan migration projects and confidently migrate large amounts of valuable content directly into G Suite. According to Google, G Suite Migrate will provide assistance with:
- Assessment: Quickly can source environments to help accurately plan for key project milestones and watchpoints.
- Migration: Quickly migrate valuable data from a variety of sources.
- Tracking: Quickly identify project progress and health with detailed aggregate and granular logging functionality.
To prevent disruption to end-user productivity, G Suite Migrate maintains a high level of fidelity for migrated content from supported sources: Exchange, SharePoint, OneDrive, and File Shares. The following versions will be supported as part of this beta:
- Exchange: Exchange 2010, 2013, 2016, and Office 365.
- Sharepoint: SharePoint 2010, 2013, 2016, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business.
- File Shares: Windows File Servers, NAS, SAN, Network Shares, and NFS repositories.
If you’re considering migrating your valuable data over to G Suite, there is an additional step. It’s imperative to back up this SaaS data with a third-party application to save you time and money. Backupify for G Suite provides and set and forget it solution.
Data loss can happen for many reasons, but in IT you know that human error, cyber attacks, and keeping up with new compliance measures can cost you valuable time and resources. Wise IT departments need a solution that protects them and efficiently manages day-to-day processes. Learn more today.