With the proliferation of instant collaboration tools like Google Workspace and Microsoft 365, data for your business is constantly being created.
Just look at the sheer number of users on each platform:
- Between its productivity software for businesses, schools, and governments Google has over 6 million paying businesses, using its technology.
- Microsoft 365 has more than 258 million users, with Teams touting 75 million active users every day.
The number of applications and tools that fall under the umbrella of each productivity suite allows many employees to perform most -- if not all -- of their work entirely within Google or Microsoft.
The dependence on SaaS-based collaboration tools means it’s more important than ever for IT departments to protect their data. After all, one misstep, one disaster, one disgruntled employee, or one ransomware attack could absolutely devastate a business.
Your Backup Solution Is Only as Valuable as Its Recovery Options
When weighing options between which backup solution is best to protect your enterprise data, Datto’s Chief Marketing Officer, Matthew Richards, has a bit of advice, “A backup solution is only as valuable as the speed and the granularity of its recovery.”
Speed of Backup Matters
Backupify recently researched the omnipresence of data loss for enterprise. The biggest cause of loss? Human error. Here is what data loss can cost a company:
- Data suggests that by 2022, 70% of businesses will suffer an unrecoverable data loss in SaaS applications
- In the past three years, 96% of organizations have experienced an outage
- But, only 26% of organizations use a third-party backup and recovery tool to protect their data
Without proper backup, it takes an average of 18.5 hours to recover data. Furthermore, one hour of downtime can cost enterprises $700,000. If we multiply $700,000 by 18.5 hours -- $12,950,000 -- you can see why every second counts when it comes to data recovery.
Granularity of Recovery
Data recovery takes many different forms. If your recovery option only allows you to restore data at an enterprise level – especially if you have a lot of data to copy - the recovery process can be painstakingly slow.In the event of a disaster, granular recovery options allow you to recover the most important files, enabling business continuity. Then, you can recover the other, less important files as needed.
A Backup Solution Built with Speed and Granularity in Mind
Backupify automatically runs three daily, point-in-time backups for your business, though you can run manual backups at any time.
If ever you experience an issue like data loss, a failed third-party integration, or ransomware, Backupify allows you to recover accidentally or maliciously deleted data and corrupted data at a granular level.
Backupify’s ElasticSearch functionality, allows admins to search through large volumes of data to quickly find the information within their backups that is most relevant to their employees, and then, recover data within seconds or minutes as opposed to hours or even days.
Specifically, with Backupify, you can:
- Search for critical items you need to restore or export, down to the individual file or email level
- Keep folder structure and permissions intact, and grant ownership of the emails/files
- Utilize robust search parameters to zero in on emails, contacts, files, and entire folders that may have gone missing
Ed Becker, Director of IT at San Francisco-based content company, Machinima, provides a use case for granular backup.
“With Google, if you want to restore a mailbox, it’s not that easy. Backupify’s UI offers an easy-to-use, one-click-restore option, making it easy to find and view more granular data in a timely manner,” says Becker.
After recovering lost files and folders, with Backupfiy, you can seamlessly send them directly to a user's account or download them to your computer or device for access to ensure business continuity.
Want to see Backupify in action? Get a free demo for your organization today!